Health vs. Dieting

Thursday, June 17, 2010 | by Samantha | Labels: |

To me, a diet is:
- Depriving myself of foods I love
- Eating badly one day and ruining all my hard work
- A temporary solution

To me, healthy is:
- Redefining the foods I love
- Having a bad day (or week) and knowing that it's just part of the process
- A permanent lifestyle change

I've been on diets before and I didn't like it. How many of us can actually say that we have enjoyed being on a diet? It's not fun. What is fun is feeling good about yourself and knowing that you have control of the way you feel in your own body. That is what I'm going for here. I want to love the way I look and feel in my own skin.

I am on a journey that will take a lifetime. There is no quick fix and there is no easy way out. Knowing this is half the battle. I am changing myself and my habits in a good way.

So, tell me... Are you on a diet, or a journey?

0 comments:

Post a Comment